do you need a tune or accessport for a catless dp?

This is a discussion on do you need a tune or accessport for a catless dp? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wanting to get a catless dp and an upipe for my 03 wrx. Do i need a tune ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

do you need a tune or accessport for a catless dp?

I was wanting to get a catless dp and an upipe for my 03 wrx. Do i need a tune or accessport after installing these. I know there are cel fixes, but is this bad for the engine? Will it run lean or have boost problems? I want to get an AP, i just cant afford all of it at one time.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not for your car, no. You will need to deal with the CEL. Also, without remapping the car you will not exploit the modifications to their full potential. However, the bugeye cars are more tolerant of exhaust modifications than later models and you can run with the stock ECU map if you wish.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    thats the part that worries me, if i wish. If its a better idea to wait i will, I was just wondering if i needed to because the company i was talking to told me i didnt need a tune, i just need a cel fix. I dont want to cause any problems that could be easily avoided by waiting.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Correct me if i am wrong still a nooby.

Boost creep / fuel cut
    this will help.
    STIzzy!