help with replacing front bumper cover

This is a discussion on help with replacing front bumper cover within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i bought my car it had a bodykit on it. well long story short thanks to all the snow ...

help with replacing front bumper cover

when i bought my car it had a bodykit on it. well long story short thanks to all the snow and snowplows on the roads i found a pot hole the size of a small crater. needless to say part of my bodykit isnt there anymore (which i was planning to replace anyways but thats not how i wanted to replace it).
    so i am buying a stock bumper cover from the subaru dealership here and was wondering is it an easy enough job to take the old bumper off and put the stock one on or would it just be easier to have the dealership replace that for me? thanks in advance.
    bugeye mafia #311

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it's pretty straightforward... Just make sure to buy a bag of extra clips and plastic screws, in case any break on you....
    but yea should just be bolt off and bolt on
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

Search the intarweb for a schematic for your year. There's always extra clips/tabs hiding somewhere.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

thanks for the help guys...should save me some money in labor costs at the dealership
    bugeye mafia #311

Quote Originally Posted by machete View Post
    thanks for the help guys...should save me some money in labor costs at the dealership
    Replaced many of them...I suppose it all depends on who installed the old bumper cover and what he reinstalled/ where he cut corners...either way as mentioned mainly just clips... and the foglight connector harness' if you have foglights....What helps is to get the clips/screws that are in the fenderwell...**** the wheel so you have room to work....can easily be swapped in under an hour..