CEL and engine problem NOOOOOO!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL and engine problem NOOOOOO!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2003 WRX. Today I was driving home from campus and my CEL started blinking (its usually on because my up-pipe ...

CEL and engine problem NOOOOOO!!!!!

2003 WRX. Today I was driving home from campus and my CEL started blinking (its usually on because my up-pipe sensor isn't connected). But my car started bogging down when I accelerated. I can feel my car pretty well and I could feel through the pedals there was some friction of some kind. I checked all the fluid levels and they are fine. When the car is idle there is a lot of movement in the engine block itself. In neutral if I pull the accelerator cable it smooths out but there is definitly something wrong. Has anyone else had this problem or think they may know what it could be? I can't let my WRX die I love that car.
    Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What CEL did you get? You simply cannot drive a car with a CEL on. You need to do the resistor mod and get that CEL cleared up. Now what other codes are stuck on that ECU?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I had a friend take a look at it and mentioned that it could be ignition coil corrosion. Where is the ignition coil located in the engine bay?

The CEl is usesless until you get the ECU scanned to know what codes it is giving. Go to autozone and they will tell you the codes and what they mean so you can actually begin to troubleshoot the problem.

Until you do that no one here can really help you other than give you a random guess.
    2009 Impreza WRX Hatch.
    Cobb AccessPort: Cobb Protune @ Draco Performance
    346 ft/lbs 289 awhp.
    Perrin CAI.
    Perrin Performance Catback.
    Perrin Performance 3" catted downpipe
    SPT boost guage.

just took it to my friends shop, should get the code in about an hour. I hope it's not something serious like the piston cracked or something.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pray and hope it's not an ID 10-T error code! If so, you're screwed. GL!

did you check you intercooler conection couse thats what coused my 02 to do that

fail

Quote Originally Posted by sin2win View Post
    I had a friend take a look at it and mentioned that it could be ignition coil corrosion. Where is the ignition coil located in the engine bay?
    so you dont have one ignition coil, you have four coil on plugs, two located on each side of the engine.. and that is not licky your problem.. now have you replaced your spark plugs in the past 30k if not start there.. deff sounds like a miss thou

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.