Electrical connectors?

This is a discussion on Electrical connectors? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have an 02 wrx, Ive owned it since new. It has 214,xxx on it right now. My Question is: ...

Electrical connectors?

I have an 02 wrx, Ive owned it since new. It has 214,xxx on it right now.

My Question is: DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY NEW CONNECTORS FOR ELECTRICAL SUCH AS THE GREEN CONNECTOR AT ALTERNATOR ECT?

Problem I had is the infomus brake light battery light. After checking all possible problems I found it to be the green connector on the alternator. the contacts were completely corroded. I live in upstate NY and the snow and salt are taking its toll. I soldiered the connector and fixed the problem for now but it is a temp. fix. The corrosion will ultimately destroy it again. I've also had the 457 check engine light with no leaks any were. the connector next to the canister in the back was corroded beyond fixing. I believe that many people with either of these problems that cant find the problem. That live in similar climate zones should check the connectors take them apart and take the wires out and make sure the wires are still atached to the pins and the pins are not corroded beyond repair. When looking for new connectors I was told at the stealer ship that I would have to buy all new harnesses to get the parts I need. At the cost of them they can go f**k their selves senseless. I could go to junk yard but not many subarus at junk yard in my area plus any vehicle similar to mine in this climate would eventually be corroded also or already corroded. If any one can tell me were I can get replacement connectors please let me know any info will be greatly appreciated. I looked all over the net and I find many for gm, ford, ect. but no subaru. Thanks ahead of time.

If you are parting out a similar vehicle that has these parts in excellent condition let me know I will take the green alternator connector with as much wiring as possible, and the one near the canister in the back passinger side under bumper pannel not sure what the part it is connected to is called
    Last edited by spt02wrx; 02-20-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: need to add more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Where upstate?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Massena right on border of Canada thats true upstate. I hate it when people in buffulo say they are in upstate.