'06 Transmission Fluid Type

This is a discussion on '06 Transmission Fluid Type within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys, I have an '06 WRX and do not have the owners manual for the car. I went to ...

Registered User silverbullet207's Avatar

'06 Transmission Fluid Type

Hey Guys,

I have an '06 WRX and do not have the owners manual for the car. I went to check all the fluid levels today and the only one that was low was the tranny fluid. Which type of tranny fluid is preferred for the '06 WRX and how much goes in???

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

First..Is this an automatic or manual? For Automatics Dexron III is fine also if its an automatic check the fluid level with the vehicle running...For manuals Valvoline 75w90 gear oil is what we put in the hundreds of Subarus we service every week...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    First..Is this an automatic or manual? For Automatics Dexron III is fine also if its an automatic check the fluid level with the vehicle running...For manuals Valvoline 75w90 gear oil is what we put in the hundreds of Subarus we service every week...
    I have a 05 manual WRX, I use Mobil 1 but the viscosity is the same 75W-90. My tranny takes 3.7qt according to my owners manual.
    Wicked Effects
    Blobeye Syndicate #108

Registered User silverbullet207's Avatar

Transmission Fluid

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback on the issue. Actually over the weekend i took EvoEatr's advise and used the valvoline 75 W 90. It was about 3/4 quart low so it was a good thing i got more in there!

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet207 View Post
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback on the issue. Actually over the weekend i took EvoEatr's advise and used the valvoline 75 W 90. It was about 3/4 quart low so it was a good thing i got more in there!