oil in bov

This is a discussion on oil in bov within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so my bov is stuck closed and i took it apart and saw oil in it. this would explain the ...

oil in bov

so my bov is stuck closed and i took it apart and saw oil in it. this would explain the oil problem i have but i cant get the sand that is in it out so i can use it. so do i just run it until i get a new one, or take it off. i have a dual port from turbo smart

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Personally I would prob put the dual port on...This is like the only time I would recommend it...for the sole purpose you don't have a properly functioning BPV...Get a good used on ASAP...They can be had for like $30.00....

A tiny bit of oil should be in there/intercooler due to turbo. Why is there sand in it?
    Last edited by Pactin; 02-19-2010 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Mistaked blowby for somethin else
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I think you should look into where that oil is comming from it is most definately not blowby, this is on the intake side of the throttle plate for starters. I would take a look at the hose leading into the intercooler from the pressure side of the turbo, if there is oil in there it is more likely oil is getting in from your turbo. I guess the point is bolting on another bov is not going to fix the problem....you need to figure out where the oil is comming from!