wrx 2002 problems

This is a discussion on wrx 2002 problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i got a 2002 and i got some problems with it. i just bought it last week and it had ...

wrx 2002 problems

i got a 2002 and i got some problems with it. i just bought it last week and it had some damage in the intercooler but i fixed it. now, as i was looking at it the map sensor only has one wire and i dont know if it should have 3. when i turn on the car its fine but when i try hitting the hight rpms it take a long time to get there and like it like it goes papapapap and then runs normal. inside of the car it has a little white plug, it kind of looks like there was a turbo timer so i dont know if the two map wires missing are connected there. can any one help me please?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    MAP sensor should have 3 wires if I remember correctly. The wires shouldn't be under your dash, the white connector is likely the flash connector that's near the green diagnostic connectors. The MAP sensor runs through the body connectors into the ECU, again if I remember correctly and please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The three wires should pull together into the same loom, are you sure that there is only one wire running from the MAP? Your car needs the MAP sensor to determine wastegate duty. If your MAP is near disconnected, it would take quite some time to get to higher RPM's and not run correctly, or be running in limp mode, but you should probably have a CEL for that.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

im sure there is only one wire. im gona take some pictures of the plug and to see if you can help me.
    how is the map sensor wires ran.

Quote Originally Posted by emedina7 View Post
    im sure there is only one wire. im gona take some pictures of the plug and to see if you can help me.
    how is the map sensor wires ran.

The map sensor wires are ran in with the harness on the intake manifold and brought to a junction which resides between the battery and the washer bottle.....

i found the wires but now i hve a plug that i dont know what it is im gona post some pic of it. its conected to the blow off valve.

does any one have a map sensor in good working condition that i can buy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1012.jpg   CIMG1016.jpg   CIMG1017.jpg  

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Me thinks there is a lot done to your car that you don't know about. What all is done to the car? I see FMIC piping, but can't tell everything that's been added. Is there any electronics in the center console?

Your car looks like it's been monkey'd with extensively....

Can you take some more pics of the engine bay and the interior as well? Might be able to help you identify some stuff if you're not too sure about it.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 02-19-2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

yea i can post some pictures tomorrow when i take more, and i should of taken more.. but no there is no electronics in the interior. not even a boost gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by anub1s View Post
    me thinks there is a lot done to your car that you don't know about. What all is done to the car? I see fmic piping, but can't tell everything that's been added. Is there any electronics in the center console?

Your car looks like it's been monkey'd with extensively....

Can you take some more pics of the engine bay and the interior as well? Might be able to help you identify some stuff if you're not too sure about it.
    +1

sensor problem

i have the check engine light on and when i connect the sensor that is at the end of the air intake, its cals aim or something, it wont start but when i unplug the connection it starts and runs good but i have the check engine light on

can anyone help me solve this problem.. i can take some pics of the sensor if necessary.

i have the check engine light on and when i connect the sensor that is at the end of the air intake, its cals aim or something, it wont start but when i unplug the connection it starts and runs good but i have the check engine light on

can anyone help me solve this problem.. i can take some pics of the sensor if necessary.
    Read the code from the CEL first..Than well go from there..From what your saying though I'm assuming your talking about the MAF sensor...It sounds like you need a new one...

engine light on

i need some hellp... i have the engine light on and its telling me that its the mass air flow sensor and i relpaced it 3 times and the light is still threre

I Support ClubWRX
    i need some hellp... i have the engine light on and its telling me that its the mass air flow sensor and i relpaced it 3 times and the light is still threre
    Thats because either its in backwards or there is another problem at hand. I don't know why people insist on buying moddified cars when they don't have the ability to work on them. Not knocking you,it happens all the time. Your buying someone elses headache that has been so moddified no dealer/auto shop is going to touch it. Most of the stuff you have shown is aftermarket. You will probably have to take it to a specialty "tuner" shop for them to figure out what the previous owner has done. There is no way on gods green earth diagnosing this over the internet is going to be easy. Someone really would need to see this car in person.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S