Where is the IACV 06 WRX

This is a discussion on Where is the IACV 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys just wondering if any of you have a photo of where the IACV is on a 06 wrx? ...

Where is the IACV 06 WRX

Hey guys just wondering if any of you have a photo of where the IACV is on a 06 wrx? I want to clean in out hoping it will fix my ruff idle and I was told is was on top of the throttle body, but the photo I saw and where I was told it was it isn't at. I called the dealer to get a new gasket to have on hand when I take it apart and they couldn't find it in the computer ether. Any ideas or help would be cool.
    Thanks for your time
    Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I recommend you not do this. The Idle Air Control Valve is a very sensitive electronic device and most anything you can find on a shelf to clean it will ruin it. If you really have that rough of an idle I would recommend a dealer looking the car over. If your not running any misfire codes your idle is more than likely not abnormal..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have taken it to the dealer, they said I need a valve adjustment The dealer asked me to give them 1500 to fix it. It dosent sound right to me, so Im trying a few things first while saving up the money just in case I need it.

keith

I Support ClubWRX
    Then adjust the valves

Your IACV is perfectly fine

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC