Where is the IACV 06 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where is the IACV 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys just wondering if any of you have a photo of where the IACV is on a 06 wrx? ...

Where is the IACV 06 WRX

Hey guys just wondering if any of you have a photo of where the IACV is on a 06 wrx? I want to clean in out hoping it will fix my ruff idle and I was told is was on top of the throttle body, but the photo I saw and where I was told it was it isn't at. I called the dealer to get a new gasket to have on hand when I take it apart and they couldn't find it in the computer ether. Any ideas or help would be cool.
    Thanks for your time
    Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I recommend you not do this. The Idle Air Control Valve is a very sensitive electronic device and most anything you can find on a shelf to clean it will ruin it. If you really have that rough of an idle I would recommend a dealer looking the car over. If your not running any misfire codes your idle is more than likely not abnormal..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I have taken it to the dealer, they said I need a valve adjustment The dealer asked me to give them 1500 to fix it. It dosent sound right to me, so Im trying a few things first while saving up the money just in case I need it.

keith

I Support ClubWRX
    Then adjust the valves

Your IACV is perfectly fine

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.