Boost?

This is a discussion on Boost? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The owner before me had set the boost to minimum and now my oil pressure drops every time I ride ...

Boost?

The owner before me had set the boost to minimum and now my oil pressure drops every time I ride in nuetral or clutch in. just doesnt seem healthy. My subaru dealership told me there was nothing they could do to adjust the turbocharger or the boost. I would not be the one to know what to do or where to go, so any help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Boost has nothing to do with your oil pressure.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

sorry. just what some guy at a parts store told me it may be. anyway, I would still like to adjust the boost. where do I go if my subaru dealer tells me there is nothing they can adjust. something tells me there should be a way...

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have an oil light coming on, fix that issue before doing anything else. If it's not the sender, find the cause of the problem. When you say "oil pressure drops" does that mean the pressure is normal when idling? You have a pressure gauge? Or are you getting a light?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dubie56 View Post
    sorry. just what some guy at a parts store told me it may be. anyway, I would still like to adjust the boost. where do I go if my subaru dealer tells me there is nothing they can adjust. something tells me there should be a way...
    The only way to properly adjust the boost is an engine management program and a tuner who knows what they are doing. I suggest taking the car to a known tuner in the Subaru world around you and have them look at the oil issue.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Oil pressure will always drop when you clutch in or go to idle. Driving pressure is 70-80psi warm and at idle 20-30psi warm. Read the link I posted about how to ask a question. You have not even listed what car you have, mods and detailed description of the problem.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S