Mysterious Coolant leakage!

This is a discussion on Mysterious Coolant leakage! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got coolant rollen down my reservoir....the pipes and cap on top are dry...no leak..just coming down from the bottom ...

Mysterious Coolant leakage!

I've got coolant rollen down my reservoir....the pipes and cap on top are dry...no leak..just coming down from the bottom portion of cap...can't look underneath to find the source, anybody experience this before? What should I do? Its not a huge leak...my radiator is still at normal level...just random leak i guess =.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If, and only if, the pipes and cap itself are not seeping when under pressure, suspect the reservoir itself, since it's two pieces. Repair or replace if that's the case.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+1^....If you have the means I would do a cooling system pressure test to see if you could narrow it down...Ive seen and replaced tons of those surge tanks due to just corrosion/rust over time...they did come out with a revised surge tank however I believe this was mostly for the earlier models...I have also seen the little rubber joint pipe that goes between the cylinder 1 and cylinder 3 intake runners crack over time and seep....My first step would be a pressure test....