Time for brakes... any advice would help/Pad types??
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Time for brakes... any advice would help/Pad types?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So it's about that time I put some new pads on the whip and turn the rotors... Anyone out there ...

Time for brakes... any advice would help/Pad types??

So it's about that time I put some new pads on the whip and turn the rotors... Anyone out there have a HOW TO or advice for me. I am having my rotors turned for me at a local shop but do to the poor economy i am doing the rest of the labor on my own. I hear it's not to challenging, but I dont want to go into this blind.. Also if anyone has any recomendations for pad types???? Thanks a bunch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hear good things about the Ferrodo DS 2,500...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    And I experience good things with Ferodo DS2500s.

are the breaks the same in the front and back?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmywwrrxx View Post
    are the breaks the same in the front and back?
    When something breaks in the front it can be the same as when something breaks at the back... You are sitting at the side of the road. As for the brake pads they are/should be the same make, but are different sizes for the F & R.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

HAHA!!

Seems like all the sites and i even spoke with my local dealer and they seemed to tell me they are the same in the front as they are in back??

I Support ClubWRX
    What kind of driving will you be doing? Autox, track (not drag) days, etc?
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont believe so.. Your brake pad part numbers should be different front and back. Your car has stock 4 pot calipers front and 2 pot calipers rear. If it were me I would do the pads above get a slotted brake rotor in the front, look into DBA rotors, because they make a little larger rear rotor with a new caliper bracket, Id do a set of stainless braided lines and Id switch to DOT5 brake fluid. Thats just me tho..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmywwrrxx View Post
    Seems like all the sites and i even spoke with my local dealer and they seemed to tell me they are the same in the front as they are in back??
    Sorry, is this a question or statement? Are you stating your local dealer told you the brake pads are the same front and back?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry, is this a question or statement? Are you stating your local dealer told you the brake pads are the same front and back?
    Thats how I took it... That parts guy should be spanked... With Rays drilled cheeseboard paddle...

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ya I thought it was wierd he said both F and R breakd pads were the same. it didnt make any sense to me.. which is why i am doing them my self. lol Whats throwing me off is that the pads i'm ordering arn't offered in a FRONT package, and a REAR package.. i guess i need to go down tot he dealer and slap the guy...

Maybe he meant they where the same price?

no he ment they were the same size.. lol what i can't figure out is the the set i'm ordering isnt offered in a front or rear setup... just sold as each

Well they HAVE to be sold F or R as they are different in size, unless it's a set including the F & R set...

i know they do.. even the distributors are confused.. at the price i highly doubt it's all 4 (front and rear).. O'well... Thanks for all your help guys!! and Gal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.