smell coolant. wat should i do?

This is a discussion on smell coolant. wat should i do? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I smell coolant Wen I shut the car off. And coolant level is goin down. But the car is running ...

smell coolant. wat should i do?

I smell coolant Wen I shut the car off. And coolant level is goin down. But the car is running at the correct temp. I just changed the oil and it wasnt milky and showed no signs of coolant in it. I have no clue wat it can be????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

same issue

I have the same exact issue, I found a leak from my lower radiator pipe that connects to the radiator pump. Coolant is leaking from the pipe hitting the HOT header pipes causing evaporation and the smell.
    I bought a replacement pipe, but haven't had time to swap. There is a SLIGHT chance my water/radiator pump is leaking...if thats the case I need to replace the pump as well. But when I checked underneath i saw it dripping from the pipe and the pump didn't have signs of coolant anywhere. So check yours out.

Also follow your lower radiator hose to the block which is the thermostat housing and check to see if your leaking there. If you leak there it will drop onto the header also. If all else fails invest in a cheap cooling system pressure tester and see exactly where it's at.
    When life gives you lemons, You mutate those lemons and make super powerful super lemons!!!

another source

I found another source of coolant leak on my car.....what is the hell is up with boxers and coolant leakage =/

I have a slight leak under my reservoir, random....pipes and cap on top have no leak at all...its just pouring from i guess underneath the can top....try looken there also.

i would also check to see if all the hoses are on the connectors tight because those factory clamps are garbage. thats where mine had a minor leak