Headlights not working

This is a discussion on Headlights not working within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ive written previous threads before about my electrical problems but Ive sorted everything except for the headlights, so I making ...

Arrow Headlights not working

Ive written previous threads before about my electrical problems but Ive sorted everything except for the headlights, so I making a new thread that only pertains to the headlights only. So basically I have a 2002 Wrx and my head lights dont work, parking lights do just no headlights, the relays wont click over or anything. So I managed to buy a multimeter and measure some voltage off the relay pins. heres what I got....

With the light switch on using the ground on the relay slots with the car engine not running
    1-ground
    2-fluctuates between 0mv-400mv
    3-Same as 2
    4-Same as 2
    5-10.7v
    6-11.65v
    7-ground
    8-11.71

With the light switch off and car completely off using the relay ground
    1-ground
    2-fluctuates
    3-fluctuates
    4-fluctuates
    5-0v
    6-0v
    7-ground
    8-12v

Pretty sure the right headlight has a bad ground, could that prevent both from not working and is there anything else I should measure? Any help would be appreciated. thanks

-Kevin

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.wrxinfo.com/service_manuals/

Hopefully that helps. Could be as easy as a bad relay. Sounds like the light switch is working.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S