my wrx dies :( plz help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on my wrx dies :( plz help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got my subie from the auction about 4 months ago.had to get all new valves. its an '03 ...

Red face my wrx dies :( plz help

so i got my subie from the auction about 4 months ago.had to get all new valves. its an '03 wrx, and i put the motor back in, hooked everything up and started it. it was running fine, but a couple of days later i started it again and the check engine light turned on. Then, i revved it, and once the rpms start dropping, they fall almost to 0 and sounds like the car is about to die and then catches itself.so i took it for a test drive, and wen i start slowing down, it does the same thing but actually dies :s. i was told that it could be a sensor. any ideas? thnks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the code read. CEL = DTC = possible solution to your problem.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by ukranianization View Post
    so i got my subie from the auction about 4 months ago.had to get all new valves. its an '03 wrx, and i put the motor back in, hooked everything up and started it. it was running fine, but a couple of days later i started it again and the check engine light turned on. Then, i revved it, and once the rpms start dropping, they fall almost to 0 and sounds like the car is about to die and then catches itself.so i took it for a test drive, and wen i start slowing down, it does the same thing but actually dies :s. i was told that it could be a sensor. any ideas? thnks
    Yes that's your problem. Change all your sensors and start the car again.

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    That's F'ed up

Quote Originally Posted by LRPct View Post
    That's F'ed up
    He should help himself by pulling the code. Or maybe even doing a little research.

wrx dies

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    alright thnks.could it possibly be the intake? i was told that there are fins in the intake that direct the air and since i have an spt intake,it might be a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ukranianization View Post
    alright thnks.could it possibly be the intake? i was told that there are fins in the intake that direct the air and since i have an spt intake,it might be a problem?
    Dude think about it logically and start with three things ever car needs to run. Fuel, Air, and Spark. Pull your maf plug see if it runs in limp mode. That would be the first thing I did.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.