Check Engine light comes on when accelarating hard. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Check Engine light comes on when accelarating hard. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by jmb8806 yeah but wont i loose some power then? I haven't felt both types.. I installed a ...

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806 View Post
    yeah but wont i loose some power then?
    I haven't felt both types.. I installed a COBB catt'd DP and left the stock catback on. The COBB AP stage 2 map works whether you have a catless/catt'd or stock/aftermarket catback. Given this, I find it hard to believe there is much power loss. Also - since an SPT catback doesn't void the OEM warranty, I imagine it isn't much (if at all) a performance gain.

I think I read somewhere the HP difference between your setup and mine is less than 5 hp.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah but wont i loose some power then?
    Catted DP, port wastegate , or EWG. The last two will fix it for sure. Adding backpressure by a catted DP or a stock catback are not guaranteed. This should have been obvious if you read the first post in the link I posted before.

The effect of a stock catback or a good cat in the DP on power is negligible.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

ok so between porting my wg, and and etw which one is a cheaper option, who makes a good etw? i have been looking around and cant seem to find one

so if i took my car to a auto shop and asked them to port the waste gate they would be able to do that correct?

i just read this...

"We highly suggest that you do not operate your 2007 WRX or 2007 STi with a catless exhaust system. If you have a catless exhaust system, we highly suggest you install at least one, post turbocharger high-flow catalytic converter to maintain some exhaust gas back-pressure after the turbocharger. If you choose to not follow our suggestions then you can purchase and install two items from your local Subaru dealership. The first item is Subaru OEM part # 09535A060, which is a replacement vacuum line where the restrictor pill will be located. The second item is Subaru OEM part # 22326KA120, which is a new restrictor pill that has a center hole machined to 1.20mm or .047. The total retail cost for both of these items should be less than $6 USD. The restrictor pill will need to be carefully inserted in the middle of the vacuum line so the air can pass through the restrictor pill. It does not matter which way the restrictor pill faces as longs as the machined hole is perpendicular to the hose and air can pass through the pill."

It comes off of cobbs website, would this take care of my problem?

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i just read this...

"We highly suggest that you do not operate your 2007 WRX or 2007 STi with a catless exhaust system. If you have a catless exhaust system, we highly suggest you install at least one, post turbocharger high-flow catalytic converter to maintain some exhaust gas back-pressure after the turbocharger. If you choose to not follow our suggestions then you can purchase and install two items from your local Subaru dealership. The first item is Subaru OEM part # 09535A060, which is a replacement vacuum line where the restrictor pill will be located. The second item is Subaru OEM part # 22326KA120, which is a new restrictor pill that has a center hole machined to 1.20mm or .047. The total retail cost for both of these items should be less than $6 USD. The restrictor pill will need to be carefully inserted in the middle of the vacuum line so the air can pass through the restrictor pill. It does not matter which way the restrictor pill faces as longs as the machined hole is perpendicular to the hose and air can pass through the pill."

It comes off of cobbs website, would this take care of my problem?
    Sounds like it would take care of the issue - and I like $6 fix-it jobs!

Sounds like a reasonable "try it and see" since it is cheap and those hoses are accessible without taking anything else off the car.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

I would suggest getting a protune for your specific mods and then you will make more power and it will be safer.

thanks-
    bobby
    bobby@preracing.com
    Performance Race Engineering
    503-619-0055

preracing.com
    Follow us on Twitter
    Friend us on MySpace

i pretty new to tuning, when you say pro tune what exactly do u mean?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb8806
    i pretty new to tuning, when you say pro tune what exactly do u mean?
    An ECU remap that's custom-tailored to your vehicle/mods, unlike the base maps that come with something like the Cobb AccessPORT
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PREracing View Post
    I would suggest getting a protune for your specific mods and then you will make more power and it will be safer.

thanks-
    bobby
    this

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

i put the new restrictor pill in today like cobb suggested and all seems good so far!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12