Smoke out of scoop????

This is a discussion on Smoke out of scoop???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all everytime im shifting gears i see white smoke going out from the scoop... Any ideas what could this ...

Smoke out of scoop????

Hi all
    everytime im shifting gears i see white smoke going out from the scoop... Any ideas what could this be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year is the vehicle? How many miles? Are there any modifications done? Do you have any drive ability problems associated with this "white smoke" such as rough idle, power loss, CEL illuminated etc...??? Are you sure you only see it when your changing gears? Do you see the smoke both when the car is cold and up at operating temperature?

2000 my01 and 144kms. No rough idel, only in the morning... I have a blow off valve and extractors and full exhaust. The smoke comes out when shifting gears and now i aware of smoke coming out from exhaust too... What you think?

White smoke could be the coolant. Have you checked that?
    2003 WRX Midnight Black Pearl

My Pics: Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4

I Support ClubWRX
    In order of severity, steam from the outside environment due to water getting onto something hot (harmless), coolant (needs to be addressed; find the leak and fix it), or oil (again, find/fix).

The likelihood IMO of another fluid generating the issue is low.

Figure out whether it's coolant or oil, and the source, and fix it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by sd_gr View Post

figure out whether it's coolant or oil, and the source, and fix it.
    +1^