HELP! Tic Tic Sound

This is a discussion on HELP! Tic Tic Sound within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I bought my first wrx in 2008 and it currently has 34,xxx miles on it. I have three major ...

Unhappy HELP! Tic Tic Sound

Hi, I bought my first wrx in 2008 and it currently has 34,xxx miles on it. I have three major issues that the dealership is not having much luck fixing for me and I wanted to see if anyone here has the same problem/or has any ideas on what is wrong with my car:

1. This most recent incident is I hear a 'tic tic tic' noise from the engine and when I press in the clutch, it goes away. My car has not blown up so I know it's not a bomb! hehe. ... Does anyone know what it could be?

2. When I turn off the engine, I hear a winding noise coming from the steering column. In extreme cases, I hear that noise when I start the engine.

3. Also 2 months ago I had a misfire in all of the valves, how bad is that?

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take it in.

it could be Knocking

Take it to the dealer before it runs over 36k and say you want it checked for a connecting rod issue. If thats it, you should get a new long block under warranty.

This thread was started in January. A little too late, but at least you tried to help.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.