Unsmooth transition when I let off the gas

This is a discussion on Unsmooth transition when I let off the gas within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just upgraded from a '93 legacy wagon to an '02 ts wagon and I love the car. Heat sheilds ...

Unsmooth transition when I let off the gas

I just upgraded from a '93 legacy wagon to an '02 ts wagon and I love the car. Heat sheilds have got to go of course. But my main complaint so far is that when I let up on the gas in any gear, the car really doesn't transition well and the car almost lurches forward. It makes this car tricky to shift. I know that the torquey flat four sooby engine is just like that to some degree, but I wonder if there is not some other problem? Maybe the throttle position sensor or some other component needs relacing. Car has 60K and I have not done any maintenance yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this a 5MT or 4EAT? was the Legacy Wagon a 5MT or a 4EAT...if they are both 5MT...the cable clutch vs hydraulic clutch give two completely different pedal feels...My 96 is cable and is smooth and easy..the hydraulic one in my WRX takes a tad more effort and if things aren't feathered properly you can get a good little "lurch" if you will...Of course this only pertains if the 02 is a 5MT...Is the CEL on or anything? Any other drive ability problems at this time? ..On a side note...to repair the heatshields take a drill or a self tapping screw and just screw threw the heatshield until the screw just contacts the exhaust pipe...this will put enough tension on the heatshiled to secure things up and stop that annoying rattling sound...