2009 wrx thermometer

This is a discussion on 2009 wrx thermometer within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; today when i was driving on the highway i noticed that my outside temp reading (next to the clock and ...

2009 wrx thermometer

today when i was driving on the highway i noticed that my outside temp reading (next to the clock and mpg) was flashing. It flashed for about 1 minute than stopped?
    Nothing seemed wrong with my ride, no weird noises, smells, or smoke..ive just never saw this happen and wondering what it could mean?

anyone else experience this before or know what it could mean?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its a warning that road conditions may be hazardous... IE icey black ice and what not... It will flash at 37 F....

FYI: this is listed in your manual which one should always read.
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

+1^

Not trying to hijack this thread, but,
    Does anyone know where the probe for the thermometer is located? I went to an automated car wash and had them do just an underbody wash to remove salt I couldn't get with the hose. After the wash the temperature reading was really screwy for a few days, after which its behavior returned to normal. I was wondering if it was coincidence or the underbody wash caused this. 09 sedan if it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashesofthewake View Post
    Not trying to hijack this thread, but,
    Does anyone know where the probe for the thermometer is located? I went to an automated car wash and had them do just an underbody wash to remove salt I couldn't get with the hose. After the wash the temperature reading was really screwy for a few days, after which its behavior returned to normal. I was wondering if it was coincidence or the underbody wash caused this. 09 sedan if it matters.
    That display is signaled by the ambient temp. sensor which I believe is located right in the bumper...( If you get down and sort of look into the bumper you should be able to see it...So it does make sense that it might act funky if you got some water in it...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    That display is signaled by the ambient temp. sensor which I believe is located right in the bumper...( If you get down and sort of look into the bumper you should be able to see it...So it does make sense that it might act funky if you got some water in it...
    Thanks, I'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashesofthewake View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look.
    No prob. man...any other questions pop up a thread or PM me and I will be happy to give you any assistance I can..