Loss of power issue?? Help - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Loss of power issue?? Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 You are answering your own question. You tried to race a BMW after years of unattended ...

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    You are answering your own question. You tried to race a BMW after years of unattended fuel leakage.

Take it to the Subaru Technician's desk, and get your fuel line fixed.

Again, it is paid for by Subaru of America, they will GIVE you the part for FREE, and install it for you for FREE.
    the gas smell is not any worce then before, i will get it taken care of when i have the o2 sensor done, i tried to get to the o2 its really hard to get to it on the ground. so i should tell them i need the fuel leak recall fixed?? i hope its that cuz i dont have allot of money to spend on this car.. and i know the o2 senor is like 220 bucks and im sure it will be a few hund. to install. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcwrx02 View Post
    the gas smell is not any worce then before, i will get it taken care of when i have the o2 sensor done, i tried to get to the o2 its really hard to get to it on the ground. so i should tell them i need the fuel leak recall fixed?? i hope its that cuz i dont have allot of money to spend on this car.. and i know the o2 senor is like 220 bucks and im sure it will be a few hund. to install. thanks
    I don't think even a wideband o2 sensor is that expensive... Are you certain about the price on that?

As for the leak, if you have a CEL (Check Engine Light), and it is coming from that area of the codes list, and you are not sure about the cause of the light being illuminated, it is really beyond rediculous to fail to get a recall repair done before buying parts. You will (I swear in blood) get a new fuel hose installed under the manifold area of the engine bay in about 2 hours of totally free labor, paid for by Subaru of America. It is a lethally dangerous problem if it is allowed to leak near an ignition source (open the hood after a hard pull on a really cold day to smile at your engine and have a cigarette, and we might be hearing that your obituary has been filed).

I am telling you as plainly as I can that this problem is really seriously priority-one to get remedied before investing any money.

I am not saying there is no other issue, only that you have no reason to wonder without taking an organized approach, and handling the obvious first.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza2.0 View Post
    I don't think even a wideband o2 sensor is that expensive... Are you certain about the price on that?

As for the leak, if you have a CEL (Check Engine Light), and it is coming from that area of the codes list, and you are not sure about the cause of the light being illuminated, it is really beyond rediculous to fail to get a recall repair done before buying parts. You will (I swear in blood) get a new fuel hose installed under the manifold area of the engine bay in about 2 hours of totally free labor, paid for by Subaru of America. It is a lethally dangerous problem if it is allowed to leak near an ignition source (open the hood after a hard pull on a really cold day to smile at your engine and have a cigarette, and we might be hearing that your obituary has been filed).

I am telling you as plainly as I can that this problem is really seriously priority-one to get remedied before investing any money.

I am not saying there is no other issue, only that you have no reason to wonder without taking an organized approach, and handling the obvious first.
    sorry i should of said this is my sunday driver im not driving the car at all till the o2 and recall are done. its in the garage till it goes to the shop which is 1/4 mile down the road.

well talk to the dealer today they said the "cold weather gas leak" doesnt applie to connecticut so if there is a gas leak its prob. not that. " so i guess im sh;t outta luck on that. i didnt kno ct was not a cold weather state we get sno and ice in winter????

I Support ClubWRX
    Before you waste any more time, do a compression test.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Before you waste any more time, do a compression test.
    i took the car for a rip today it ran fine till i punch it, but if you go like 3/4 throttle cant notice any bucking or loss of power, i also talked to the guy i bought the car from he put uridium plugs in at 20k now car has 110k so i think its time for plugs, its not a compression issue the car runs awsome unless punched to the floor, wouldnt it b a waste of time at this point for a compression test i dont have the tools for that.

so,
    took the car for a ride today when i started the car was at a low temp and ran awsome with almost no bucking and had full power, once it got warmer i noticed bucking/hessitation only under a load or if i was 3/4 or more throttle. but u can run through the rmp's all day and not notice anything unless ur under a load or 3/4 throttle.. car runs great otherwise and i forgot this thing rips!!!can anyone help??

also dealer said no go on fuel leak unless i bring it there and its below 20degree here which today its 45-50 out now.

also as i said before the guy i bought the car from put those high performance plugs in at 20k now car has 109k should i start at the plugs??? not an easy job tho

Quote Originally Posted by jcwrx02 View Post
    also as i said before the guy i bought the car from put those high performance plugs in at 20k now car has 109k should i start at the plugs??? not an easy job tho
    The plugs are just a pain in the ass since they are located so low and to each side, because of the boxer layout. If you have access to a lift then you can do it faster by approaching from the bottom.

If not, you can get at it from the top but just with some pain. I had to take the water resevoir out for you wind shield wipers, and the intake (I have a stock air intake, which blocked it.) Taking those two items out gives you enough access to the core packs and then the spark plugs. The front right is a bit of a pinch to get to but not hard.

You will easily be done in an hour or even faster.

I did this when I bought my car to do a compression test. Getting the pressure valve on for the testing was a *****, but the spark plugs were very easy. Just lots of unscrewing.

As for one of your other questions, he replaced the plugs at 20k? The manual says at 60k the plugs should be replaced so if it has been running for like +80k on the same plugs it's likely worth replacing.

good luck I hope you get it running good again!

took the car for an other cold start drive, and sure enough it didnt matter cold or hot, as i thought earlier today. so im really hopping it just plugs, but if i drive it easy the car runs and drive like it should so i guess i will try plugs now and if that doesnt work just keep driving(NO RACING) till something breaks or C.E.L. comes on.

I was thinking about this the other day. When was the last time you had your Fuel Filter changed? or is it dirty? you could have a low amount of fuel. Hence why when just cruising you are ok but when you need more power nothing is there and the bucking. If the engine can't get fuel that would be the issue.

I had a dirty fuel filter and it did affect my engine performance.

thanks, i will have to add that to the list!!!!

im getting ready to do the plugs this week i will have an update if the car is better or not within the next few days!

It has grown to become clear that the folks who sell their Imprezas do so very often with the complaint that "it doesn't have the power that it used to".

Our spark plugs are uncommonly hard to service. It is Cylinder 3 which poses the biggest concern for performance,since it is closest to the turbo, and therefore most likely to foul. The plugs we are given by Subaru are very, very good. They are one grade below the best the company has to offer, NGK, they are a very good plug as all of them go.

If you are going to get the OEM plugs and have them at a stock gap, just changing them out for new ones (assuming yours are older than 30k miles) will make your car perform considerably better in many ways... If nothing other than to increase fuel economy.

Is this the first time changing them?

I am just a member here, wondering about the problem and what kind of solution this creates. The electrical side of engines has always interested me more than the explosive/chemical.

If you use stock ones, I hope you are going to tell us what happens. If you get Iridium X or some such other upgrade, I definitely want to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.