valve adjustment 06 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on valve adjustment 06 wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys just wanted to get your thoughts on this. I bought my 06 wrx wagon from a Chevy dealer ...

valve adjustment 06 wrx

Hey guys just wanted to get your thoughts on this.

I bought my 06 wrx wagon from a Chevy dealer used about 5 months ago with no extra warranty or anything. If was been having some issues with it idling hard. It happens when the engine is warm and I'm sitting at a light, but not necessarily after I run it hard or anything. I took it to the dealership because I still had my engine and drive train warranty for another 2000 (it was 5800 miles on it right now) miles to get checked out.

They are saying that the idle problems are because I need a valve adjustment on three of my cylinders, and want to charge me $1500 for the buckets and shims. From what I have been reading our cars don't really need valve adjustments and I really don't want to pay them to do it anyhow. They were also saying that the heat shields around the turbo and exhaust piping are missing and/or have been cut away. When I first got the car it was missing the back bracket for the TMIC. So I'm figuring that the guy that had the car before me upgraded the turbo and some other stuff or something.

I'm just wondering how the valves could be out of wack, could it just be from being run really had? Also has anybody seen a DIY valve adjustment link anywhere, I did a search but didn't find anything? Any of you know of a good subaru shop in the San Diego area?

Thanks for your time
    Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kwil666 View Post

They are saying that the idle problems are because I need a valve adjustment on three of my cylinders, and want to charge me $1500 for the buckets and shims. From what I have been reading our cars don't really need valve adjustments and I really don't want to pay them to do it anyhow.

I'm just wondering how the valves could be out of wack, could it just be from being run really had? Also has anybody seen a DIY valve adjustment link anywhere, I did a search but didn't find anything? Any of you know of a good subaru shop in the San Diego area?

Thanks for your time
    Keith
    They do require a lash check and adjustment if needed. I just would ask how they came to this conclusion as it's a HUGe PITA to even check the valves with the motor in. I would get a second opinion. A Google search will bring up plenty of info on it.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I was thinking the same thing about being a big pain to even check it. I think I might just go get it tomorow and take it some place else. I wish I could find a shop I could trust.

keith

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.