??What oil should I use?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on ??What oil should I use?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; To add to this, as I did in the other post; today I went to the dealer to ask about ...

To add to this, as I did in the other post; today I went to the dealer to ask about a free and Rotella T, they notified me of this change. Naturally being at 5400 miles I was kinda annoyed that I wasn't notified by SOA
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    To add to this, as I did in the other post; today I went to the dealer to ask about a free and Rotella T, they notified me of this change. Naturally being at 5400 miles I was kinda annoyed that I wasn't notified by SOA
    You are not the original owner of the subaru, it is not SoA job to notify you, they are only obligated to send info to the person who drove the car for the first time off the lot sold. ( As I was just told by SoA)

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    You are not the original owner of the subaru, it is not SoA job to notify you, they are only obligated to send info to the person who drove the car for the first time off the lot sold. ( As I was just told by SoA)
    That makes sense
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm the original owner of my car.I didn't get anything in the mail.No one notified me.I keep getting service coupons in the mail & greeting cards ,but no service updates.

I checked "My Subaru".There is no mention of any changes.It still says 7500 mile service.I hope to get a reply from them in 2 days.

I don't mind changing the oil more often.The cost bugs me but its just another reason to go to teh garage,get the car in the air ,get dirty & drink a beer.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 12-15-2011 at 05:04 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I contacted Capitol Subaru in the bay area, they are also unaware of such a bulletin.. However it was just a service receptionist and I didnt press the issue as I hadnt known of such a bulletin at this time, they sold my 11 to its previous owner new..

I Support ClubWRX
    According to the dealership service bulletin # 02-103-07 applies to all turbo charged subaru vehicles. The issue date of this bulletin was 10/19/2007 and is supposedly reverted back to for the 2011s when they changed the intervals to 7500/8 months. I can attempt to scan in this TSB but thats the basic info, other than cleaning the banjo bolt mesh screen if the car has been beyond that service interval and the oil appears to be questionable.

Just got a OIL change today. At 4948 mile 7 mounth old . I have speak whit the guys at the dealer (which iam very good frend whit)and they told me OIL suppost to be change at 7500 or 7.5 mounth but the Advice me to change OIL between 3750 or 5000 .all depend on haw u drive .

Quote Originally Posted by subysti85 View Post
    Just got a OIL change today. At 4948 mile 7 mounth old . I have speak whit the guys at the dealer (which iam very good frend whit)and they told me OIL suppost to be change at 7500 or 7.5 mounth but the Advice me to change OIL between 3750 or 5000 .all depend on haw u drive .
    That was painful to read!
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I strongly suggest that all owners of 2011 subaru impreza wrx or wrx/stis contact your local subaru dealership and ask them what your oil change interval is. According to my owners manual the oil change interval is 7,500 which is what most of you have told me, however this is now incorrect.. According to the dealer here local the service bulletin for 2011 subaru turbo model cars have reduced the oil change interval back to 3,750 miles.
    My updated maintenance book states 7,500 mile oci but still states this...

Page 30, Note: 1
    When vehicle is used under severe driving conditions, the oil and filter should be changed every 3,750 miles.

Manufacturers consider everything other than highway cruising severe driving so I've stuck with the 3,750 oci after the first 1,000 miles change I wanted to do just for a piece of mind.

My truck manual had the same specs. 7,500 under normal conditions and 3,750 under severe conditions and it had a list of severe conditions. Stop and go driving, repeated short distance driving (less than 10 miles), driving in cold weather, towing or hauling, aggressive driving, etc...
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I have 120k on my 06wrx and have been running Mobile 1 5w30 since i got it with 30k. I change it every 5k.

I'm running a full synthetic 5W-20 in my 2002 WRX made by Royal Purple and it has really helped! i don't think im every running anything else. i'd use it if i were you!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat2016 View Post
    I'm running a full synthetic 5W-20 in my 2002 WRX made by Royal Purple and it has really helped! i don't think im every running anything else. i'd use it if i were you!
    With what has it helped, and compared to what is it an improvement in what way(s)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    That was painful to read!
    Did u at least got the point

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymrat2016 View Post
    If your anywhere north of the equator that is a horrible idea.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    If your anywhere north of the equator that is a horrible idea.
    Yup