??What oil should I use?? - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

This is a discussion on ??What oil should I use?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; NAPA filters are made by Wix which are generally pretty good. The main problem is finding a filter with the ...

I Support ClubWRX
    NAPA filters are made by Wix which are generally pretty good. The main problem is finding a filter with the correct by-pass valve pressure rating. I know both the regular Purolator and the Pure One have the correct setting.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    NAPA filters are made by Wix which are generally pretty good. The main problem is finding a filter with the correct by-pass valve pressure rating. I know both the regular Purolator and the Pure One have the correct setting.
    Thanks for this reply. I never did enough research on the filter and how important it is to my oil system. I feel pretty stupid for having used an oil filter that has likely been allowing some dirty oil to get through to my engine and wherever else. Thankfully, I am a religious and frequent oil changer. My oil health is pretty good I think. I check it almost 3 times a week.

Coincidentally, I am going to be changing oil next week again, ordered up more of the ENEOS 5w30 (I stand by the oil), but also added a 6 pack of the "blue" OEM Subaru oil filters. I suppose its not too late to give my car what it needs.

Thanks again for the post.

Blammo
    - Nav Mittal

2009 WRX Sedan running on CONTINENTAL ExtremeContact DW 225/45-17
    COBB AP Stage 2 SF 93+ - Hella Supertones - Kartboy ST Shifter - COBB Catted DP - Invidia N1 Street Ti Duals - COBB Turbo Heat Shield - COBB SF Air Intake w/ Box - Morimoto TSX-R HID Retrofit w/LED Halo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    Coincidentally, I am going to be changing oil next week again, ordered up more of the ENEOS 5w30 (I stand by the oil), but also added a 6 pack of the "blue" OEM Subaru oil filters. I suppose its not too late to give my car what it needs.

Thanks again for the post.

Blammo
    Not a fan of the "Blue" filters. They are made by Honeywell/Fram. The old "black" filters were made by Tokyo Roki then the Subaru "white" filters were made by Purolator.

Also I would check this Subaru recall on some of the "blue" filters.
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2466824
    Last edited by Donkey; 07-04-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

First oil change!!

Not a fan of the "Blue" filters. They are made by Honeywell/Fram. The old "black" filters were made by Tokyo Roki then the Subaru "white" filters were made by Purolator.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2466824
    So the filter that the subaru dealership put in it was a blue filter... Should I be worried?

I Support ClubWRX
    Mazda RX-8 filter and Amsoil EFM 5W-40.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzdan View Post
    So the filter that the subaru dealership put in it was a blue filter... Should I be worried?
    No. It meets factory specifications and they are aware of the recalls.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    No. It meets factory specifications and they are aware of the recalls.
    Good thanks man

I Support ClubWRX

PSA: Subaru blue OEM oil filters recalled due to leaking gaskets - NASIOC
    Thanks for this information. I am awaiting the arrival of 6 of these filters. I can certainly see your argument against the blue filters as I have read. It seems most peeps go with the Purolator Pureone. Since I have already purchased these filters, gonna give them a go. They are likely a step up from Napa filters as they will have the correct pressure relief settings especially for cold starts.

I will check the manufacture dates before installing.
    - Nav Mittal

COBB AP Stage 2 SF 93+ - Hella Supertones - Kartboy ST Shifter - COBB Catted DP - Invidia N1 Street Ti Duals - COBB Turbo Heat Shield - COBB SF Air Intake w/ Box - Morimoto TSX-R HID Retrofit w/LED Halo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzdan View Post
    First oil change!!
    Yo Bizzdan!!! I love the choice. ENEOS product works for me.

I cant comment on AMSOIL as Ive never tried it in my WRX...but I did use AMSOIL in my Harley...and its great stuff. Also used AMSOIL in both Mustangs that I have owned.

However, I would love to know how this is working for ya. Have you checked levels...color...etc? Please post your findings. ENEOS is really good stuff and most people have never really even heard of it.

As for filters, I know now the RX-8 filter or a Purolator Pureone may be the best choice...but gotta give my blue OEM a go since I already bought them. How is it working for you?
    - Nav Mittal