P0011 and P0021
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on P0011 and P0021 within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my '06 WRX is basically bone stock, aside from an aftermarket turbo inlet. It started throwing these two codes, ...

P0011 and P0021

So my '06 WRX is basically bone stock, aside from an aftermarket turbo inlet. It started throwing these two codes, along with a flashing cruise light. About 10 miles later, the engine started hesitating and I ultimately lost half of my total boost. Had the code checked and erased, and got the boost back. Later, the lights came back out, but this time I didn't lose any power. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    help with p0011 and p0021 codes - NASIOC

read the replies on that thread and see if it helps

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Thanks. I may try checking the timing belt. Wonder how hard it is to take the timing cover off?

Quote Originally Posted by rdavis View Post
    Thanks. I may try checking the timing belt. Wonder how hard it is to take the timing cover off?
    Its a two piece cover...There pretty easy to pop off..all the timing cover bolts are 10mm...

Awesome, thanks. I'll try it today or tomorrow.

P0021

Heyo. Just bought a 06 wrx tr w/ 44,000 on it. No apparent mods, but i'm repeatedly throwing P0021, camshaft timing blah blah. What the hell should i be doing about this? p.s. car runs like dogscat when the cel comes on... stupid limp mode.

Quote Originally Posted by MTbass20@yahoo. View Post
    Heyo. Just bought a 06 wrx tr w/ 44,000 on it. No apparent mods, but i'm repeatedly throwing P0021, camshaft timing blah blah. What the hell should i be doing about this? p.s. car runs like dogscat when the cel comes on... stupid limp mode.
    Personally If you came to me I would first make sure your oil level is full and clean, than I would plug in the Select monitor and make sure the OCV and cam sensors are advancing the cams the proper degrees and at the proper RPM's than if all that is sufficient, I would start off with recommending an oil change and an engine flush, clear the code and see if it comes back on...

quick question

hey, seems like you know quite a bit about troubleshooting these issues...

I have an 06 WRX that was modified by the last owner. unfortunately he doesn't know the exact mods and neither do I. I do know that Ive ran the codes a few times and there's a pretty hardy list...

I too am seeing a P0021 and a P0011 and I was wondering if checking the OCV and cam sensors in making sure they are advancing the proper degrees and RPM's like you were mentioning above is easy to do or a super extensive process?

I was reading in some other posts about checking the banjo bolt filter and or removing and cleaning both AVCS solenoids which have worked in other peoples cases... I'm just trying to get as much research and info on this matter to try and troubleshoot/ fix the issues myself.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.