2006 WRX woun't start sometimes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX woun't start sometimes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, I got a little problem with my WRX. It does not start sometimes. All the lights come on ...

2006 WRX woun't start sometimes

Hi guys, I got a little problem with my WRX. It does not start sometimes. All the lights come on but it just does not start. I have a feeling its the clutch pedal or maybe a spring, after I press the pedal like 20-30 times it starts fine. It does this about once a week. I had to replace a battery 3 weeks ago and they also checked my starter and the alternator and everything was fine. Does anyone know what this might be? Could this be something electrical?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does it actually crank or just does nothing when you turn the key?
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

It does not crank, its like starting the car when its in first gear, the radio and all the electonics turn on but nothing happens. It feels like that safety feature is on. But after I press the pedal really hard and all the way down 20 times it starts fine.

Clutch switchey thing a ma bopper...

Check the switch that your clutch pedal activates. This switch is in place so you dont start your car while its in gear and jump into something in front or behind you ...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.