Code P0240- What's going on here?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Code P0240- What's going on here? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just had my 2002 WRX throw a CEL last night on the way home from a road rally. I had ...

Code P0240- What's going on here?

Just had my 2002 WRX throw a CEL last night on the way home from a road rally. I had driven the car pretty hard all day, but not enough to hurt anything.

I went to AZ today and used their OBDII scanner. It shows code P0240 which, upon looking it up online, shows that there is an issue with: Turbo Boost Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance.

I'm curious about a few things:
    1. Can I still drive the car?
    2. Is it an easy fix? Is it possible to DIY?
    3. How much does a problem like this USUALLY cost to fix?
    4. Any other information you can give me on this issue.

TIA
    Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a recovering Euro Snob.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Post your mods dude................my guess is you have a turbo back exhaust with no engine management.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I have a K&N filter (just a drop-in, not a CAI) and an STi exhaust off of an 06 STi (I think.. bought it second-hand from a muffler shop for $250 installed!). Those are the only engine/exhaust mods I have.

The exhaust has been on there since early November with 0 problems and the filter was on when I bought the car.
    Last edited by 22WRBWRX; 01-10-2010 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Spelling

I Support ClubWRX
    By STI exhaust I assume you mean just the catback/axleback and you are still running the stock downpipe and midpipe. Sounds like the stock boost control solenoid is having some issues. Clean it out with some electronics cleaner.

Cleaned boost control solenoid today (02 WRX) - NASIOC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Yes, stock downpipe and midpipe.

I have some Seafoam cleaner that should work, I think. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Do I actually disassemble this piece or just kind of soak the outside of it with cleaner?? How difficult is this?

(Yes, I did read the link. Thanks!)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 22WRBWRX View Post
    Yes, stock downpipe and midpipe.

I have some Seafoam cleaner that should work, I think. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Do I actually disassemble this piece or just kind of soak the outside of it with cleaner?? How difficult is this?

(Yes, I did read the link. Thanks!)
    Do not use Seafoam. I suggested electrical component cleaner. It evaporates with no trace. Electrical component cleaner is a spray so no you do not soak it. The solenoid is not made to be taken apart. Spray into both nipples.
    Last edited by Donkey; 01-10-2010 at 06:09 PM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.