quart of oil every gas fill up - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on quart of oil every gas fill up within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You may not find oil on the ground because like i said before it hitting something hot and burning off... ...

You may not find oil on the ground because like i said before it hitting something hot and burning off... if you have an external leak.. Maybe its hitting the exhaust? That doesnt mean you see the oil leak.... You dont follow the smoke you follow the snail trail of oil snot left on your motor to the where it is leaking. Like i said before If the oil is hitting something like your exhaust it will leave stains behind from where it burned off...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    so it if was an internal problem, there wouldnt be smoke?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

sighs... if its internal you could have blue smoke in your exhaust... the blue smoke would be the oil burning off... This would come out of your tail pipe, your tail pipe is in the rear of the car not the engine bay. However you can burn off oil and not see the oil in the exhaust.

If you have a bad cam seal or something leaking on the block ON THE OUTSIDE of the motor, you will have oil on the block or whatever is leaking. You may get smoke from the engine bay if the oil drips onto say your exhaust which is hot and will burn the oil off...
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    alright thanks, i will check this out with my leak down tester and then my mechanic too and then reply back tomorrow
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12