RPM not stable on idle...!!!

This is a discussion on RPM not stable on idle...!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I changed my intake to APS 65mm CAI, I noticed the RPM is not stable when the car is ...

RPM not stable on idle...!!!

Hi,

I changed my intake to APS 65mm CAI, I noticed the RPM is not stable when the car is on idle and the check engine sign was there as well. After that I installed back my OEM intake to see if it fix the problem, but it does not. The RPM still not stable and the check engine sign is there. I took the car to the dealer with the OEM installed, they only cleared the check engine sing but did not figure what is the problem. My RPM still not OK and the check engine sing is not there any more.

Please help me how can I fix my RPM so it can run normal with the OEM intake.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Check the MAF, and check for leaks. I take it the car is not displaying a CEL? Make sure the MAF is installed correctly (harness faces forward) and if so, gently -- gently wiggle the harness to see if intermittent contact will affect the idle (that is, whether the idle improves). Double check for leaks.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.