Display light on radio is out, can it be fixed?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Display light on radio is out, can it be fixed? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so just today the display light on my factory radio burnt out(the part with the station number, track number etc). ...

Display light on radio is out, can it be fixed?

so just today the display light on my factory radio burnt out(the part with the station number, track number etc). every other light onthe radio works but that.

is there a way to replace that or am i just gonna have to bite the bullet and get a new one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any ideas? anyone?

I just installed with some help a new stereo. There are a bunch of colored cables on the back that I had to connect. The colors matched different functions (ground, speakers, antenna...) and one of them was for the display lights. Unfortunately, I can't remember which color it was . I bet it is that cable or its connection that is bad.

It is possible to replace that one bulb, you need to take out the radio,
    then pull off the knobs
    front face clips off
    you will then see the light bulbs on the pcboard (don't try and pull them off)
    to remove them you will need to solder them lose and the new one(s) on....

good luck finding the bulbs!

ps. while you at it, replace the bulbs with red condom covers!

Last edited by tarmacsti; 01-03-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.