wont start turns over but no go

This is a discussion on wont start turns over but no go within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just got a 02 wagon i dont have any mods except a blowoff valve and some minor suspension work ...

wont start turns over but no go

i just got a 02 wagon i dont have any mods except a blowoff valve and some minor suspension work i have only had the car about three mos. i was running it real hard for about 25 miles when i was done i got off the freeway and got to a stop light and it cut off now it wont start no noises no smoke just cut off now i have oil in my intake all the way up to my air filter and need some help ive been told that these motors the timing belts have a problem with slipping teeth would this cause blowby or maybe i fried the rings im not sure what to do had hondas most of my life jus made the step up to a rex and turbo so kinda lost on this motor its way different then anything i have pulled apart before so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated e-mail me at aalkross@hotmail.comi have power to everything and yes the starter turns the motor over when i try to start the car it turns but no fire up im gonna try to go and get a compression tester tomorrow and see what happens what should it be at something like 80 lbs minimum right? with the coil packs i can do the same thing as i would with regular spark plug wires and check all for spark right. i hear the fuel pump kick on when i turn the key so i know im getting fuel. now is it true about the timing belts slipping? and these motors are non interfering right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RASTAROSS View Post
    i just got a 02 wagon i dont have any mods except a blowoff valve and some minor suspension work i have only had the car about three mos. i was running it real hard for about 25 miles when i was done i got off the freeway and got to a stop light and it cut off now it wont start no noises no smoke just cut off now i have oil in my intake all the way up to my air filter and need some help ive been told that these motors the timing belts have a problem with slipping teeth would this cause blowby or maybe i fried the rings im not sure what to do had hondas most of my life jus made the step up to a rex and turbo so kinda lost on this motor its way different then anything i have pulled apart before so any help or insight would be greatly appreciated e-mail me at aalkross@hotmail.comi have power to everything and yes the starter turns the motor over when i try to start the car it turns but no fire up im gonna try to go and get a compression tester tomorrow and see what happens what should it be at something like 80 lbs minimum right? with the coil packs i can do the same thing as i would with regular spark plug wires and check all for spark right. i hear the fuel pump kick on when i turn the key so i know im getting fuel. now is it true about the timing belts slipping? and these motors are non interfering right?
    How many miles on the car?

Did you notice any unusual smoke coming out of the exhaust in the last few weeks?

How was it idling before?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    121psi minimum and no more than 7psi difference between cylinders.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, they are interference.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb