Turbo... Kicks in and out?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Turbo... Kicks in and out? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; If I had a turbo gauge I'd imagine the turbo would be reading max and bouncing back to 0 throughout ...

Turbo... Kicks in and out?

If I had a turbo gauge I'd imagine the turbo would be reading max and bouncing back to 0 throughout 4k rpms to redline. I don't get it. I just don't have full power throughout the gear. I can feel it kick in and out throughout the whole gear.

Any ideas? Do I need a tune?

The car is stock aside from S2000 spark plugs and an AEM intake. No check engine light.

I just moved from Florida to Oklahoma. Could the temperature be a factor? The spark plugs are a stage colder than stock, but I don't see that being a problem either.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The cold very well might be making you overboost, then your ECU cuts it back. But that is one of many possible issues.

There are a bunch of people having this problem right now - have a look at this thread and also look at the threads on the first page of the general maintenance forum there are several more.

Spool Surges.... what does it mean?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Check for vacuum leaks. My 04 wrx was doing the same thing and I ended up having a bypass valve gasket that was shredded causing my turbo to bounce around.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.