Boost Surging Up and Down Please Help!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boost Surging Up and Down Please Help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have any idea what can cause abnormal boost surging while driving. The car runs normal and then starts ...

Boost Surging Up and Down Please Help!

Does anyone have any idea what can cause abnormal boost surging while driving. The car runs normal and then starts to surge, some days doesnt do it others it does. But its really annoying to have the boost go up and down creating the car to accelerate on and off. PSI goes from around 16.5 down to 12 up to 16 down to 10 up to 17 down to 13. I am running Stage II with Catless DownPipe, Catless Up Pipe, MagnaFlow CBE, and COBB AP with Stage II OTS tune. Stock BPV, and Turbo, Stock intercooler, stock intake every thing else is stock. So Im just wondering is this a sign of the Turbo going bad or is it just a tune issue, or something with tune and wastegate. Thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    Stage II 04' WRX Black (Performance Race Solutions Tuned 310whp)
    "its never enough"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

any help would be appreciated....
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Apparently most members here have forgotton there is a search feature on this site. Call Cobb, it has to do with their OTS map.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Apparently most members are lazy and only want to use the forum for raggin on people for asking questions regarding thier subie... Im sorry I forgot this was the "Lets Watch Misc. YouTube videos Forum" Next time Ill just post it with the title "Can My WRX Beat a 97 Supra Turbo w/ 1100HP" that type of topic seems to get more attention then any of the helpful advice posts. Sorry next time I will spend hours looking through a bunch of useless posts to find part of what I need just to spend another few hours to hopefully get my answer. I do appreciate the help but damn is it really needed to tell me to use the search tool.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying
    Apparently most members are lazy and only want to use the forum for raggin on people for asking questions regarding thier subie... Im sorry I forgot this was the "Lets Watch Misc. YouTube videos Forum" Next time Ill just post it with the title "Can My WRX Beat a 97 Supra Turbo w/ 1100HP" that type of topic seems to get more attention then any of the helpful advice posts. Sorry next time I will spend hours looking through a bunch of useless posts to find part of what I need just to spend another few hours to hopefully get my answer. I do appreciate the help but damn is it really needed to tell me to use the search tool.
    You bumped a thread you posted before 9AM (who the hell is up earlier than 9AM on a Sunday to answer forum questions, anyway?!) an hour later with the "" smiley, which is a sign of sarcasm (on a vB forum I run, the code is ":sarcastic"). You got reciprocal attitude.

As Donkey said, this is an issue with a map that's created for a wide variety of cars; not all vehicles react properly to the map. You need to call the company that provided the map (Cobb) and see how they can help remedy the situation. If you don't want to do that, download AccessTUNER and modify your map appropriately to fix the problem. If you can't do that, then go to a tuner and get a custom tune.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AsILayDying View Post
    It is absolutley needed to tell you to search since your so impatient. Are you really that helpless? Hours searching posts? You obviously haven't even tried.......jesus christ people.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    It is absolutley needed to tell you to search since your so impatient. Are you really that helpless? Hours searching posts? You obviously haven't even tried.......jesus christ people.

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Again to prove my point more people respond to sarcasm, pointless, useless, annoying nothing posts then to someone who actually felt like the members here could help someone out. I only have certain hours where I could be on the computer my bad for bumping the post even after it had already been pushed off the front page at 9am. Yes he did answer my question but only after he tried to act like a parent.... by stating that I am lazy and should use the search tool to find my answer. I understand that it is now a OTS map issue and have to get a pro tune or consult with COBB, but seriously all these people who belittle or talk to people like they are twelve are extremely funny cause most of them would never talk like this to someone in person. Its amazing how much bigger a person gets and how strong they are verbally online in forums. Im not saying anything wrong to any individual but if you had answered the question before telling me to use the search it would have been different. Dont worry I will make sure I search search and search the posts before I ask another question on this board. Just to make you ALL MIGHTY PROs happy and not waste your time. There really are some individuals on here who have a great knowledge of automotive, which I would love to have but if you have all this knowledge and dont share it , the information might as well be crap.

If you see a new post with someones question, obviously you open it to see if you know the answer. If you dont so be it, go along your merry way. If you know the answer or can give some valuable advice then why not help and share. There is absolutely no need for "god wish all these noobs would use a search tool, man people really dont want to do anything on thier own, didnt use a search did you?" all of that is uncalled for, how do you know if I searched and just couldnt find the right answer, or if I didnt have the time to search. This is a open public forum which I posted in the troubleshooting section, I was looking for an answer to hopefully help me along with an issue. It took more time for someone to tell me to use the search then it did to type "its an OTS issue with COBB contact them" that was all that was needed. Im not pissed just a little agrivated because people think just because they are here for years and they know everything that its ok for them to make a newer member feel like crap and that he has to be very careful how and what he posts. Thought this was just a community based on car knowledge and love. Guess I was wrong, I appreciate the help but all the negatve crap that comes with it really wasnt needed oh and thanks for all the SLAPS that were oh so funny. Be much funnier if someone tried it in person, would get a much better response.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    No need to post threats over the internet, especially to a moderator. He asked you for future knowledge to search if you were going to freak out over an hours time. We do not all have unlimited time to spend on the internet either. I work 2 full time jobs, and raise my son all on my own. I dont get paid to be here and neither does donkey.

He answered your question, he told you to search in the future. That question has been asked here 3 times this past week alone.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    No need to post threats over the internet, especially to a moderator. He asked you for future knowledge to search if you were going to freak out over an hours time. We do not all have unlimited time to spend on the internet either. I work 2 full time jobs, and raise my son all on my own. I dont get paid to be here and neither does donkey.

He answered your question, he told you to search in the future. That question has been asked here 3 times this past week alone.
    I agree, as I raise my son and work 10 hour shifts on the midnight shift in a prison. Not everyone has the time to just be on all day. My comment was only to state that all that was needed was to say "ots map issue contact cobb, or even post the link to an answer if it had already been answered" I was actually checking and bumped the thread from my phone, so using the search on my phone really wasnt an option, as nice as the blackberry is, im not going through the search on that. I will leave it at, I have learned my lesson use search before during and after I have a question that needs answering. Oh and I never posted a threat of any form whatsoever, I only commented on the fact that the virtual slap online would get a much better response in person. That is not a threat you may have read it that way, but it was just an observation.
    Last edited by AsILayDying; 12-27-2009 at 04:16 PM.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257
    As Donkey said, this is an issue with a map that's created for a wide variety of cars; not all vehicles react properly to the map. You need to call the company that provided the map (Cobb) and see how they can help remedy the situation. If you don't want to do that, download AccessTUNER and modify your map appropriately to fix the problem. If you can't do that, then go to a tuner and get a custom tune.
    I answered your question here with your three options. The only option I left out is leaving it as-is, which probably isn't something you want to do.
    Last edited by EJ257; 12-27-2009 at 04:34 PM.

UNYSOC

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Better yet, we answered this question already in the other thread the OP started. What was wrong with continuing that thread?

Spool Surges.... what does it mean?
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

EJ25 none of my comment was torwards you and how you replied, you were not the first to respond. Thanks for the information.
    BlobEye Syndicate #-666
    "its never enough"

I Support ClubWRX
    Spool Surges.... what does it mean?

Turbo acting up... Problem???

This would be the third time answering this exact same question from you.
    Last edited by Donkey; 12-28-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.