KW Rating

This is a discussion on KW Rating within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, just a quick question, i have a 99 wrx wagon standard turbo, sti 440cc injectors, sti top mount ...

KW Rating

Hi All, just a quick question, i have a 99 wrx wagon standard turbo, sti 440cc injectors, sti top mount 3" exhaust system and a ssqv bov. recently i got my boost turned upto 13.88psi and it measured in at 146.1kw at the wheels which didnt seem right to me as the standard kw rating is meant to be higher than that. i couldnt say much as you cant really argue with a dyno figure. any body else think that this figure seems abit low? also before i got the boost turned up it was running 10.4psi and measured in at 129.5kw at the wheels.

was tested on a dynapack chassis dyno.
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PHTBMA View Post
    Hi All, just a quick question, i have a 99 wrx wagon standard turbo, sti 440cc injectors, sti top mount 3" exhaust system and a ssqv bov. recently i got my boost turned upto 13.88psi and it measured in at 146.1kw at the wheels which didnt seem right to me as the standard kw rating is meant to be higher than that. i couldnt say much as you cant really argue with a dyno figure. any body else think that this figure seems abit low? also before i got the boost turned up it was running 10.4psi and measured in at 129.5kw at the wheels.

was tested on a dynapack chassis dyno.
    That 146kW is 195whp to those that are unsure of the conversion.

The PSi is very low for a tuned car... I don't know much about the 99 WRX, but 02+ WRXs are able to handle 18psi on the stock turbo with 0 problems

According to sport compact car magazine, with a dynapack 6000 they read 147 horsepower at the wheels with a stock 2002 WRX...

So you made approximately 50whp, or about 38kW at the wheels more than a stock 2002 WRX which is very impressive considering your extremely light modifications
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    That 146kW is 195whp to those that are unsure of the conversion.

The PSi is very low for a tuned car... I don't know much about the 99 WRX, but 02+ WRXs are able to handle 18psi on the stock turbo with 0 problems

According to sport compact car magazine, with a dynapack 6000 they read 147 horsepower at the wheels with a stock 2002 WRX...

So you made approximately 50whp, or about 38kW at the wheels more than a stock 2002 WRX which is very impressive considering your extremely light modifications

yeah my cuz had his 98 wrx running 18psi with no problems but for some strange reason when the guy tried turning mine up (we were aiming for 15psi) it would start boost cutting at 14psi so had to keep it just under that. thanks for your help. also what is the conversion rate for kw to whp?
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!