Burning oil

This is a discussion on Burning oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so the last couple times i went go get my oil changed, the service guy says that i had no ...

Burning oil

so the last couple times i went go get my oil changed, the service guy says that i had no measurable amount of oil. Since i have no leaks, I am almost certain my car is burning oil. Does anyone know why this is happening? I am using mobile 1 5w-30, do you think i should switch to a 10w-40 or something even thicker?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I bought my 2004 WRX new ... after 5.5+ years, 49k+ miles using only Mobil 1 5W-30 I cannot detect any measurable amount of oil consumption.

Do your own oil changes.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

i know that my 99 wrx has a slight oil leak which i have been told is from the cam seals, it drips onto the exhaust and burns off but that is only under hard boost or highway driving, although i dont really even see a drop in the oil level at all.
    1999 WRX Wagon
    STI bits

I Support ClubWRX
    Some cars eat oil,some don't. Sometimes switching toa 5w-40 helps or just a different oil period. I used to burn some oil on 5w-30 Mobil and leak at the seals. Switched to 5w-30 Castor oil and burned less and stopped leaking. Also you could try getting a compression test. Poor compression would = lots of oil blowby.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S