Possible Fuel leak

This is a discussion on Possible Fuel leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So after driving from San Diego to Reno NV I noticed throughout the drive I smelt fuel once in the ...

Possible Fuel leak

So after driving from San Diego to Reno NV I noticed throughout the drive I smelt fuel once in the cab and then when i was putting winshield fluid in. Smell comes heavy when not running on the left side between turbo and intake manifold, yet once started smell totally dissipates on that side and I can smell less on the left. Any comments will help, if its injectors is this hard to replace or fuel line. Not going to lie little frightened.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Another thing is I didn't notice a difference in mpg, as I was watching this while coming up to reno. Spent about the same as I always do.

What year is the vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? Any recent maintenance history? We dont want to get ahead of ourselves but you do have to pull the intake manifold if its the injectors or the fuel lines...

It's a 2003 with 88000 miles, I just recently replaced spark plugs, tranny/diff oil, fuel filter, and oil three weeks ago, but I haven't smelt anything since yesterday. Fuel filter is good too I have checked it and there is no smell on that side of the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    It's a 2003 with 88000 miles, I just recently replaced spark plugs, tranny/diff oil, fuel filter, and oil three weeks ago, but I haven't smelt anything since yesterday. Fuel filter is good too I have checked it and there is no smell on that side of the engine.

hmmm from what your saying it sounds to me like its the plagued fuel lines...Contact Subaru they just issued a recall on some of them in certain areas...or PM me your VIN # and when i get the chance I will look it up on Subarunet to see if the recall pertains to your vehicle ( your in san diego so prob not but its worth a check at least)...
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 12-24-2009 at 10:43 AM.

So I actually took it to a place up here in reno, they checked it out tightened the intake down and believe that it was leaking causing the sensor to think that more air is coming in causing more fuel, anyway can't smell it anymore. So

Quote Originally Posted by Jstreet View Post
    So I actually took it to a place up here in reno, they checked it out tightened the intake down and believe that it was leaking causing the sensor to think that more air is coming in causing more fuel, anyway can't smell it anymore. So
    Hmmm..do you have an aftermarket intake?