Oil Near Turbo Inlet

This is a discussion on Oil Near Turbo Inlet within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a question for you guys.. I recently notived tiny oil spots on my driveway so i checked under ...

Oil Near Turbo Inlet

I have a question for you guys.. I recently notived tiny oil spots on my driveway so i checked under my hood. I found that the oil is coming from where my turbo inlet clamps on to my turbo because my hose wasnt fully clamped on. Is it normal for oil to leak from there in this situation or for oil to be in that area??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, it's normal. The oil, not the loose connection. If you pull your intercooler you'll see oil residue there too. If you don't like it, look into adding oil catch cans. It's harmless though.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Yes, it's normal. The oil, not the loose connection. If you pull your intercooler you'll see oil residue there too. If you don't like it, look into adding oil catch cans. It's harmless though.
    It depends on how much oil is in there. You ever drain the oil out of the intercooler? lol Not fun.

It doesnt really seem like very much. There will be like 2 or 3 drops on my driveway after my car sits on the driveway for a day

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Most importantly a leak there will pull in air after the MAF making you run lean.

Otherwise, if there is a lot of oil there you might check your PCV.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb