stock deck replacement help?!?!

This is a discussion on stock deck replacement help?!?! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anybody know where i can find a thread that gives me instructions how to take out the stock deck? thanks...

stock deck replacement help?!?!

anybody know where i can find a thread that gives me instructions how to take out the stock deck? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1. Lift up on shift lever surround. You can leave the shift knob screwed on, but it's easier to take it, the boot, and surround off.

2. Unscrew the two screws revealed below climate control.

3. Carefully (I cannot stress this enough) pull up on hte stereo surround until you feel/hear the bottom half come up.

From there, take a relatively small flathead screwdriver fitted with electrical tape (unless you want your console scratched), and wedge it in between the stereo surround and console. Use the screwdriver as leverage and pry the top half of hte surround off.

4. After the surround is off, you should see the stock stereo held in place by about 6 screws I think. I remove these and the stereo should be able to be taken off. At the back there will be a harness, antenna cable and a clip to take off.

Sorry, couldn't find pictures, but it's a pretty easy process.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

cool thanks bro. i knew it was easy i just didnt feel like figuring it out the day of.
    im getting a new stereo on xmas and im bout to install it the moment i open the present.
    thanks
    one more question in case you might know...
    on a stereo with dvd that has the thing where the ebrake has to be up to watch movies...how do you bypass that....just ground the e-brake wire?

mmm, well if that device is anything like a turbo timer (which has that parking brake feature as well) you should be able to just tape it off.

I know my parking brake feature runs off the detected difference in voltage, not the lack of.

Have fun w/ the install.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

the install went great. it looks so clean.
    thanks for you help, your instructions led me right through the process of taking out the stock deck...easier than i thought.
    im getting a switch for the brake cable so i can bypass the saftey feature to play dvds.
    its all workin out.
    thanks again

You're welcome, glad your install went great.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128