need some help please guys urgently

This is a discussion on need some help please guys urgently within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My friend has this prob on classic wrx 97 import.... it has been all put back to origional so took ...

need some help please guys urgently

My friend has this prob on classic wrx 97 import.... it has been all put back to origional so took dump valve off changed back air filter(panel) new plugs changed MAF (orange one) but still cuts out about 4000rpm... Has been on diagnostics machine and machine has said was MAF any ideas please

Thank u ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you changed the MAF maybe its the wiring from the MAF to the ecu? Perhaps a short somewhere?
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the MAF on the right way? If it's reversed you will have problems. Does anything happen when you gently wiggle the wiring to the MAF?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.