Newbie Maintenance questions

This is a discussion on Newbie Maintenance questions within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys; its a pleasure to meet you all, ive been doing some research on the site, on what engine, ...

Newbie Maintenance questions

Hi guys; its a pleasure to meet you all, ive been doing some research on the site, on what engine, tranny and differential oil is best suitable for an 04 wrx impreza with around 30k on it.....and didn't get a clear conclusion, so my question is exactly at that mileage, what viscosity and brand is best to use for each of the three??? thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Assuming you have a 5spd gearbox...Personally I use Valvoline 75w90 in the trans and rear diff and I use Valvoline SynPower 10w30 in the engine...personal preference of course..Do another search on here for "oil" and you will receive a plethora of information......

yes, i have a 5sp tranny...

Is Castrol any good?? for the subby??

Quote Originally Posted by darylrx7 View Post
    Is Castrol any good?? for the subby??
    Personally Ive never used it...Its pretty much up to the owner...Like ALOT of people think Mobil 1 is the best, however I will NEVER use it in any of my vehicles..personal preference for different reasons...As mentioned If I would have to recommend anything to you it would be Valvoline full synthetic.. ...As said there are testimonals from TONS of people out there on this topic..