WTF help!!!

This is a discussion on WTF help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so i decided to do my 60,000 maintenance on my 04 wrx today plugs, fuel filter, fluids ect..... and ...

WTF help!!!

Ok so i decided to do my 60,000 maintenance on my 04 wrx today plugs, fuel filter, fluids ect..... and i fianly started on my pcv.... So i looked up how to do it on some post and follwed the directions. I took the pcv valve out and it looks totaly different than what subaru gave me and what is shown in the post... This one wont even fit in to where the pcv went! any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dennis 012.jpg   dennis 014.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They gave you the wrong one.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

well i did some serching and i guess thats not even the pcv... 04 up is different than 02 03. i found where my pcv is and i now cant get it out because subaru decided to put it in a hose that is to soft for me to break it loose and yet the hose dose not come apart great design...

I Support ClubWRX
    wait what? take some silicone spray and spray the hose, douse it.. wait a couple minutes, take the hose clamp off if applicable take a pair of angled needle nose or just needle nose, grip the hose on the tube (where it connects to the pcv) and wiggle the hose back and forth. Itll come off after that.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

no i got that hose off but the pvc is in a hose that connects from the block to the inlet and that is what wouldn't come out... i ended up getting mad and stripping out were the pvc housing