oil
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on oil within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My oil keeps lowering. I can't find any leaks, and the exhaust looks normal. The exhaust doesnt have a blue ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

oil

My oil keeps lowering. I can't find any leaks, and the exhaust looks normal. The exhaust doesnt have a blue color to it or even smell different. I just got my rear main seal replaced about a month ago, there is 115,000 miles, I'm using mobil 1 extended performance fully synthetic. Could it be the mobil 1?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive heard a few stories of our motors not taking mobil 1 well but never an explanation why. try switching oils and see if it helps.

have you noticed your clutch slipping at all? if the rear main is leaking it would mess up your clutch and leak at the seam between the engine and tranny. it doesnt always leak to the ground though so you have to get under and look and see if you have oil residue
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    After I drop my girlfriend off at work im going to check it out, but i did just have my rear main replaced about a month ago, so it should be fine. I just hear a lot of negative things about mobil 1 so that worries me a little bit.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I Support ClubWRX
    Seriously? Search "oil" and see what comes up............
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba2708 View Post
    ive heard a few stories of our motors not taking mobil 1 well but never an explanation why. try switching oils and see if it helps.

have you noticed your clutch slipping at all? if the rear main is leaking it would mess up your clutch and leak at the seam between the engine and tranny. it doesnt always leak to the ground though so you have to get under and look and see if you have oil residue

The oil would have one hell of a time trying to get around the flywheel and onto the clutch disc itself...
    To the OP..Not saying your rear main is leaking but I am saying..once you replace the rear main seal it is a PITA to get it perfectly..I VERY VERY rarely ( I think I've seen 1 ) see a rear main seal leak on these cars even the higher mileage ones..Its usually the oil separator plate....either way as mentioned I would do a through visual and perhaps add some dye to the oil...

+1^ to what Donkey said also...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.