Squeaking from turbo on 09WRX!!!!

This is a discussion on Squeaking from turbo on 09WRX!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so my car has just over 30k, I have it at Perrin Stage 1 with there intake and an ...

Squeaking from turbo on 09WRX!!!!

Okay so my car has just over 30k, I have it at Perrin Stage 1 with there intake and an AP.

I have noticed over the last few days that when in low revs if i accelerate and then release the throttle (before the boost kicks in) I hear a small squeaking sound.

It appears to come from the turbo but I cant be 100% sure.

One other thing I live in Canada and the weather here has been very extreme the last week, dipping down as low as -45. Im wondering if its just because of the cold weather or if there is a more severe problem about to happen.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated, im getting a little concerned now!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm may fiancées turboed 1.8 T did this for a while. It turned out it was the air pump for emissions and warm ups. Im assuming though that the car has had its chance to warm up? I would just take it to the dealer and see whats up... Could be oil type your using also. -45 is pretty cold im sure with temps like that you need to switch off the standard 5-30. But I dont know what you could get thats better for colder temps thats not synthetic... maybe a blend
    Your vehicle is an extension of your skill as a driver, not a substitute for it.

Stink-Eye Mob Member #21
    08+ Gauge install DIY
    Turn off your seat belt chime

Have you notice the squealing again this winter? I notice that I get more noise from the turbo and transmission when I am driving down the highway when it is cold. Temps are around -23 and below. Just wondering if you still have this problem or if you have gotten it fixed.

yeah the turbo spool is quite a bit louder when its cold, we have -48 with the wind today!!! The squeaking is still there, im convinced it is a tiny amount of air being released by the BPV. When I get chance il remove the intake and check all the connections to be sure nothing is loose.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!