humming from front right tire

This is a discussion on humming from front right tire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im new to this forum, just so everyone knows. I was driving my new 09 wrx the other day and ...

humming from front right tire

Im new to this forum, just so everyone knows.

I was driving my new 09 wrx the other day and hit a curb pretty hard on the right side of my car. It completely blew out the back right tire and the front right tire got pretty banged up but came out with only a few scratches on the rim and small chunk of the tire chipped out. I changed the back right tire and its fine now except for the broken tpms for that tire. as for the front right tire, it looks and seems like its riding okay. all lugs tight and no obvious damage other than the scratches on the rim... ever since the stupid little incident with the curb though, i get a wierd humming from the front right region of my car and im thinking it has something to do with that tire or the alignment or balance or something lol. i really dont know much about cars and i really dont have much money to be taking it to a shop to get it looked at, at the moment. So i was hoping if anyone in here would know what might be the problem. oh yeah, and i forgot to add that the tpms light is on, but im sure thats just from the damaged sensor in the back right tire. im not really sure about the front right tire, im sure that ones busted too. But the humming noise is whats bothering me.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Switch wheels so that the one you think is making noise goes somewhere else on the car, and see if the noise follows the wheel. If the noise is still there but the wheel has been switched then the wheel is not the problem.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.