Weird Noise..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Weird Noise.. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I just got my timing belt, water pump, alt belt, ac belt, CP idler, and a few gaskets ...

Weird Noise..

Ok so I just got my timing belt, water pump, alt belt, ac belt, CP idler, and a few gaskets that go along with the usualy maintenence. Now when I start the car I hear a weird rattling noise. I will hear it then I wont. It also does it when its almost at oper. temp. I was wondering if anyone has had the same noise after this sched maint.
    Could it be the CP Idler? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

rattling noise huh? like metal on metal?..I would first check that all of your heat shields are properly secured..I'm assuming you have around 105,000 miles fore you just had the t-belt done?

hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    rattling noise huh? like metal on metal?..I would first check that all of your heat shields are properly secured..I'm assuming you have around 105,000 miles fore you just had the t-belt done?

I have 94k. And no it almost sounds like something "tapping" the front cover that protects the timing belt and idlers. So like maybe metal on plastic. I would describe it as, when you put regular gas in your car but not as much of a metal sound.... I think it only does it with the heater fan on... not sure I will prob take it and have the place that did it check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    I have 94k. And no it almost sounds like something "tapping" the front cover that protects the timing belt and idlers. So like maybe metal on plastic. I would describe it as, when you put regular gas in your car but not as much of a metal sound.... I think it only does it with the heater fan on... not sure I will prob take it and have the place that did it check it out.

Good idea, If the noise wasnt there before they did the work and now there is something wrong they should inspect it for free...perhaps they forgot to tighten the lock nut for the AC belt idler pulley and its rubbing on the cover a tad...just thinking out loud here...

yup!

Ya I need to get it checked out... Its really cold right now in the Portland OR area so we will see when it warms up... but it didnt do it today at all... I didnt drive it much but I'm really weird about noises on my car!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris22 View Post
    Ya I need to get it checked out... Its really cold right now in the Portland OR area so we will see when it warms up... but it didnt do it today at all... I didnt drive it much but I'm really weird about noises on my car!
    I hear ya man..I'm the same way with both of my Subies..extremely meticulous when it comes to the mechanical and cosmetic parts of them both.....anyways let us know what they find man...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.