questions about 03 wrx auto to manual conv.

This is a discussion on questions about 03 wrx auto to manual conv. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've got an 03 wrx auto, and was wondering what all i would need to do a conversion to manual ...

questions about 03 wrx auto to manual conv.

I've got an 03 wrx auto, and was wondering what all i would need to do a conversion to manual from the auto trans. Somebody is parting out their wrx locally and im thinking of going to see if they've got all the necessary parts for the conversion since it looks to be the same gen.
    list of parts or something would be helpful
    thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Generally if the car with the gearbox you want is commercially available it's more sensible to just get the car you want with the gearbox you want. This means that since the Impreza was sold with a manual gearbox, it might be better to find one you want with that option.

If you insist, you'll need the gearbox, pedal set, ECU, I don't know about the harness, clutch assembly with both cyls, I believe the starter, and more stuff that I've left out. Something like this:

95 Impreza Auto--->Manual Conversion [Archive] - NASIOC

My advice... don't unless you're doing it just for fun and have a car to drive in the meantime.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Generally if the car with the gearbox you want is commercially available it's more sensible to just get the car you want with the gearbox you want. This means that since the Impreza was sold with a manual gearbox, it might be better to find one you want with that option.

If you insist, you'll need the gearbox, pedal set, ECU, I don't know about the harness, clutch assembly with both cyls, I believe the starter, and more stuff that I've left out. Something like this:

95 Impreza Auto--->Manual Conversion [Archive] - NASIOC

My advice... don't unless you're doing it just for fun and have a car to drive in the meantime.
    +1^..Ive talked to a couple of guys who have converted the old SVX into 5 spds...for some reason whenever you do an auto to manual swap it seems like theres always a snag/place you get hung up...If I where going about this I would purchase the whole donor car just incase you need some unmentioned part...

I Support ClubWRX
    The SVX is a perfect example of an exception to my "forget it" rule - since the supplied gearbox tends to fail sooner or later and manual was not offered, a conversion starts making some sense IMO. Still not a weekend project though, not with my (compete lack of...) skill.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by wrximpreza89 View Post
    I've got an 03 wrx auto, and was wondering what all i would need to do a conversion to manual from the auto trans. Somebody is parting out their wrx locally and im thinking of going to see if they've got all the necessary parts for the conversion since it looks to be the same gen.
    list of parts or something would be helpful
    thanks!
    save your money..find a different project..thats going to be a lot of work if you dont have the right skills, resources, time, and a back up vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The SVX is a perfect example of an exception to my "forget it" rule - since the supplied gearbox tends to fail sooner or later and manual was not offered, a conversion starts making some sense IMO. Still not a weekend project though, not with my (compete lack of...) skill.
    Tushae..

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Tushae..
    you mean.."touche.."...