broken bov??

This is a discussion on broken bov?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; as i drive the bov does not open up and when i shift it all gets pushed out like it ...

broken bov??

as i drive the bov does not open up and when i shift it all gets pushed out like it being drained out instead of all of the excess air leaving at once. what is the prob my car sounds like ****!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this the stock BPV or is it an aftermarket BOV? If it is aftermarket and your not running over 20-25 PSI my suggestion is to get rid of it and reinstall a stock BPV.. However from what your saying it seems like it might be inproperly adjusted..what kind of BOV do you have? How many miles are on the vehicle? what other modifications are done to the vehicle? Have you done any recent maintaince on the vehicle? Are you having any other driving problems...idle, performance etc etc....

i have a short ram intake and and aftermarket bov by turbo xs, the car has 72k and it has no problems running or idling and i am not not running over 20 psi. the only recent maintenence was i put in new spark plugs, but it started acting up before i changed them.

Does the noise kind of sound like a flutter like a compressor surge?...So you dont notice ANY performance or driveability problems? Car is hitting target boost?...If this was the case with my vehicle I would install the stock BPV and prob call it a day..

well the downside is i dont have the stock one and you can tell it flutters a bit when it is not warm

I Support ClubWRX
    If its a hybrid or VTA it probably needs to be cleaned and oiled.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it were me I'd pawn that **** off on someone else and buy a stocker ASAP.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive seen the little vacuum tube get pinched also and it stops making the annoying noise.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC