oil pressure

This is a discussion on oil pressure within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Every time I have to clutch in for longer than about 4 seconds while moving, my oil pressure guage drops ...

oil pressure

Every time I have to clutch in for longer than about 4 seconds while moving, my oil pressure guage drops to 1 or less, blinks red, and beeps. This also occurs about 50% of the time I coast in nuetral for this long. Not sure if this is a problem, but the beeping is annoying me enough that I may make one. please help...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What are your oil pressures at idle and at 3k rpm?

Out of curiosity, what oil are you running?
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car is almost stalling when you push in the clutch then that would explain the oil pressure dropping that low.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by dubie56 View Post
    Every time I have to clutch in for longer than about 4 seconds while moving, my oil pressure guage drops to 1 or less, blinks red, and beeps. This also occurs about 50% of the time I coast in nuetral for this long. Not sure if this is a problem, but the beeping is annoying me enough that I may make one. please help...
    drops to 1......as in 1 psi?

Is the idiot light going off in your car when you clutch in? I believe that light comes on well before 1 psi. Where did you source for oil pressure from?

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    If the car is almost stalling when you push in the clutch then that would explain the oil pressure dropping that low.
    I think it's either this or the sensor went. Curious what the other pressures are.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.