my 1993 impreza wrx wont start please help

This is a discussion on my 1993 impreza wrx wont start please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can anyone help me, my 1993 impreza wrx wont start, 2 days ago i went to it and started her ...

my 1993 impreza wrx wont start please help

can anyone help me, my 1993 impreza wrx wont start, 2 days ago i went to it and started her up and moved her closer to the kirb before i went out, the next day i went to her and she wouldnt start just turns over, this happed before to another one of my impreza and it was the ecu, i checked online for problems first and came to something about the two clack plugs under the steering column to do a diagnostic, i did this and it was pulsing the engine management light at different times so this was showing faults, i went out today and bought another ecu i took the batt off and fitted it but still no joy but the batt seems a bit week now, i did the black plug thing again and the engine light was just flashing it says if it just flashes no problems are showing so maybe the ecu had problems and now soughted with the new ecu, but still not starting, anybody help me please.
    thankyou

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My conclusion would be that the first ECU was fine and had a code stored. The second ECU hasn't got a code because it hasn't run yet. I would want to konw what the CEL code is on the 1st ECU.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

plug out the engine managment wire under stering column, its common on the classic impreza for that to cause problems. i had it done with mine and its working fine now

Quote Originally Posted by gavinf View Post
    plug out the engine managment wire under stering column, its common on the classic impreza for that to cause problems. i had it done with mine and its working fine now
    what do you mean by plug out the engine management wire, how do i do this,

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    My conclusion would be that the first ECU was fine and had a code stored. The second ECU hasn't got a code because it hasn't run yet. I would want to konw what the CEL code is on the 1st ECU.
    i did make sure i got the exact same ecu, its not a brand new ecu i got it from a subaru breaker, its the same model with the same serial numbers ect.

mark.

still not starting

hi again
    my impreza still wont start, i couldnt get to the spark plugs on the batt side but i got the other two out and they was black, iv cleaned them and they had an ok spark, i put them back, i also took airfilter off and the turbo elbow and cleaned all the inside of them, also the camshaft sensor had been bodged a bit the wire was all cut and taped togeather so i pulled all the tape off put new wire in the middle and soldered and taped it, not sure if it would be worth putting the old ecu on just incase i solved the problem and my ecu i fitted isnt connecting for some reason or should it be ok.

when i checked the ecu today i also have a dastek unichip piggyback computer fitted and when i took the plug out of it there was water in it, iiv cleaned it ect, there seemed to be water in the passenger footwell which iv now cleaned,

iv also checked the cambelt which is fine, when i turn the car over she just turns and every now and them she trys to start but then nothing. any help anyone,

oh and i checked the fuel filter and thats ok and fuels comeing out fine.