Mutiple CEL's, help me diagnose!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mutiple CEL's, help me diagnose! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been driving around with a CEL for a few weeks now, and after having the codes pulled (P0103, P0031 ...

Mutiple CEL's, help me diagnose!

I've been driving around with a CEL for a few weeks now, and after having the codes pulled (P0103, P0031 (x2), and P0244) I replaced the front A/F sensor yesterday and cleaned the MAF with some MAF cleaner. The CEL went off after startup, but after driving back and forth to work today it seems that I've got something else going on.

Here's what's showing now.

P0103 Mass air flow sensor circuit high input
    P0136 Rear oxygen sensor circuit malfunction
    P0031 Front oxygen (A/F) sensor heater circuit low input
    P0244 Wastegate control solenoid valve malfunction (high input)
    P0136 Rear oxygen sensor circuit malfunction

02 WRX with 152,000 mikes. Mods - HKS catless downpipe and catback, STi topmount, MBC, short ram intake, lightened crank pulley.

Help is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

02 Sensor codes-..the rear sensors rarely go bad on these cars however with that mileage anything is possible..I'm pretty sure I've seen that P0136 code get thrown from the catless DP/catback...So what your saying the only Cat conv. that is on the car now is the one in the up pipe? Did you Clear the memory in the ECM after your replaced the front sensor? Did you happen to buy an OEM sensor? I would inspect the sensor and harness and make sure no terminals are backed out or loose wires..Also clear the memory if you didnt before...
    Wastegate code- This could easily be thrown by the MBC if you have rerouted vacuum lines to support the MBC..
    MAF- This could be thrown due to the SRI...Again did you clear the code after you cleaned the sensor? Is this an oil type filter element? A quick test of the MAF sensor itself is..with the engine running take the butt end of a screwdriver and tap on the sensor a tad..if the car stumbles or dies..chances are the sensor is defective...

Do you have any driveability problems such as idle, power loss etc etc ???

The rear 02 sensor shoudln't be throwing any codes since I'm using an electrical CEL fix there. I did reset the ECU after replacing the front A/F sensor in the headers. It was a Subaru OEM sensor, and all connections seem to be fine. It is an oiled filter on the SRI, but i've been running this way for MANY miles without issue.

No driveability issues. Idle is fine, spools fine, powerband feels no different, and runs fine at start up. Aside from the CEL, the car feels fine.

What are you tuned with?

No tune. Stock EM. MBC to 16psi.

I know, I know......

I think you've found your answer...Either turn it all back to stock and erase the codes or get a tune with the current aftermarket parts you have installed...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.