just bought a 04 sti and wondering about the maitnance....

This is a discussion on just bought a 04 sti and wondering about the maitnance.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i just bought a 2004 rex sti with 72k miles with no maitnance records or anything like that. ...

just bought a 04 sti and wondering about the maitnance....

ok so i just bought a 2004 rex sti with 72k miles with no maitnance records or anything like that. Since i am an new subaru owner i would like somebodys help on it or thought about it.

also thinking about tinting the windows sometime soon, came with tinted glass but i dont like being seen in any car i drive so does anyone recomend a percentage what would be good or have done? thanks with anyones help.
    "if your going to start crap lets settle this on the streets"

Whips:
    1994 plymouth laser rs (sold)
    2004 subaru wrx sti (i put 05 in my screen name but messed up when its a 2004 haha)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go ahead and replace all the fluids in the rear diff, trans, engine oil, and go ahead and change the spark plugs. Those were all things I replaced the first or second week I got my car. May not have needed it, but the reassurance that it's been taken care of is worth the cost. Who knows when the last time those things were replaced or what kinds were used

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingless05sti View Post
    also thinking about tinting the windows sometime soon, came with tinted glass but i dont like being seen in any car i drive so does anyone recomend a percentage what would be good or have done? thanks with anyones help.
    you should check with your local tint laws first. you dont want to go so dark that you're being pulled over every day for it. i've personally had 20% on all of my cars and have been happy w/ it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I put this in General Maintenance - have a look at the threads above for more info. You may also want to check out the tint threads in the Exterior & Appearance forum.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shtswEk
    Go ahead and replace all the fluids in the rear diff, trans, engine oil, and go ahead and change the spark plugs. Those were all things I replaced the first or second week I got my car. May not have needed it, but the reassurance that it's been taken care of is worth the cost. Who knows when the last time those things were replaced or what kinds were used
    Call up your local dealership with your VIN# and see if they have record of the 60K service being done. If it has not been done, get that done. Replace any fluids not accounted for in that service.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06
    you should check with your local tint laws first. you dont want to go so dark that you're being pulled over every day for it.
    ^ This ^

Tinting over the legal limit is paying a shop to give a police officer a legal reason to pull you over and issue you a citation every time you take your vehicle on the road. Some municipalities/states are more lenient than others.

If you get pulled over for your tint and simply pay the ticket, you will be flagged as "easy $$" by the local municipality if you live there.

If you do choose to go over the legal limit, do so "responsibly" such that you reduce the chance of getting pulled over.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

[QUOTE=EJ257;2548006]Call up your local dealership with your VIN# and see if they have record of the 60K service being done. If it has not been done, get that done. Replace any fluids not accounted for in that service.

to the OP..If you would care to PM me your VIN # Ill look it up for you...